X34 4" Carbon Fiber Open-Top Cold Air Intake System Audi TT RS & RS3 2.5 TFSI EVORegular price $771.00
034Motorsport is pleased to present our X34 4â€ Carbon Fiber Open-Top Cold Air Upper Intake System for the 2.5 TFSI EVO engine found in the 8S Audi TTRS and 8V.5 Audi RS3!
034Motorsportâ€™s engineers spent extensive effort to develop a cold air intake solution for the TTRS and RS3 that yields horsepower and torque gains over the well-designed factory airbox. During the development process, many iterations were designed, prototyped, and tested, which resulted in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Cold Air Upper Intake System.
Designed For Modularity
034Motorsport engineers dissected the factory intake system, and identified the key weak points that it had for high performance flow. During this dissection, it was found that the largest restriction was the filter membrane, and the accompanying plastic accordion hose that runs to the turbocharger. The factory lower air box and fresh air duct, however, with some modifications, were found to be suitable for most stage 1 and stage 2 setups.
This drove the modular design that the X34 Evo intake systems all share, where the upper air filter system can be used both with the factory lower airbox and fresh air duct, and with the 034Motorsport X34 lower intake box and fresh air duct. This allows for the end user to purchase individual components to eliminate the largest flow issues, while still having a path to upgrade to higher flow and performance.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized carbon fiber intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the turbo inlet.
Minimizing Intake Air Temperature
To ensure that the 034Motorsport X34 Open-Top Cold Air Upper Intake System draws in cool, dense air, the system includes a fully enclosed carbon fiber heat shield to replace the upper airbox as well as a stainless steel heat shield to block heat from saturating the intake tube. The upper carbon fiber heat shield bolts to the factory lower airbox, allowing the high-flow conical filter to breathe cold air from the factory inlet duct before the radiator. The stainless steel heat shield bolts to the stock intake tube mounting point and to the back of the head, preventing the high temperatures from the exhaust header and turbo from radiating directly at the intake tube. Both heat shields work together to minimize pre-turbo intake air temperature.
4" Diameter For Maximum Performance
034Motorsport engineers identified a serious bottleneck in the factory intake system. The factory, 2.8â€ turbo inlet size, which necks down even smaller throughout the unit, is by far the largest restriction in the intake system after a performance filter system is installed. Many aftermarket companies, including 034Motorsport, have solved this issue by increasing the turbo inlet diameter, thus warranting an intake that supports the added flow gain. The 4â€ diameter intake kit is designed to support upgraded 4â€ turbo inlets that can be used on factory, hybrid, and full frame turbochargers. It has been validated that this intake works with the majority of aftermarket inlet options, but has been optimized to work with the upcoming 034Motorsport 4â€ turbo inlet.
Minimizing Unnecessary Filter Shrouding
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of air filter size without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
Performance Air Filter
The 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Open-Top Cold Air Intake system houses a high-flow conical air filter with double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface, while ensuring superior filtration.
OEM+ Fit & Finish
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave on the intake tube and upper airbox heat shield to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in the Audi TTRS & RS3 2.5 TFSI engine bay. The 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 4â€ Cold Air Upper Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly to the turbo inlet pipe and factory lower airbox to provide an OEM+ look.
Dyno-Verified Wheel Horsepower & Torque Gains
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 4â€ Open-Top Cold Air Upper Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock turbo vehicles and ones with upgraded turbo kits alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 2 E85
- Stock Intake: 456 WHP / 430 WTQ
- 034 X34 Intake: 472 WHP / 442 WTQ
- Peak Gains: 21 WHP / 16 WTQ @6,950 RPM
Product Features & Details
- Fits both right hand drive and left hand drive configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Construction
- High Gloss Epoxy Finish
- OEM+ Fit & Finish
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Increased Engine & Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox & Intake Tube
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- High Performance Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Full 4" intake tube for upgraded turbo inlets
- Includes two high temp silicone couplers to accommodate OE size turbo inlets, or aftermarket 4" inlets
- X34 Carbon Fiber Open-Top Upper Airbox
- X34 Carbon Fiber 4â€ Air Intake Tube
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Air Filter
- 034Motorsport Stainless Steel Heat Shield
- 034Motorsport Silicone Coupler
- Installation Hardware
- Xacto X75300 Precision Razor Saw Set
Early non-US 8V.5 Fitment Note
- Please note that very early non-US 8V.5 Audi RS3's come with a heat shield that is not compatible with the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield supplied with this intake kit.
- The newer style OE heat shield can be purchased from an Audi dealer for under $100 USD. The OE part number is 07K 129 597 G. Once installed, the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield can also be installed.
- The older style OE heat shield that is not compatible is shown in the photo below.
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.